INFORMATION ON THE ORGANIZATION
The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and educational organization that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana. Emerging research indicates that psychedelics have the potential to be a breakthrough in treating PTSD, depression, addiction, and other conditions. MAPS has worked for over 30 years toward paving the way for education and legalization of such breakthrough medicines.
Currently, MAPS is sponsoring research into MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD, with Phase 3 clinical trials in the United States, Canada, and Israel, along with a research program developing in Europe. This shift has the potential to unlock previously unavailable resources for the investigation of psychedelic-assisted treatments applied to our most critical mental health challenges. The Strategy and Partnerships Officer will be an instrumental player in bringing this healing modality to the forefront.
Why work for The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)?
MAPS is a dispersed workforce that offers full-time employment in a dynamic remote work environment. This means our employees enjoy competitive salaries and benefits packages, as well as the comfort of working from their own homes. Through the conscious use of technology, we stay connected to our team members and professional community while, at the same time, enjoying the freedom of a remote environment.
We are committed to conscious leadership and an inclusive team dynamic. Our culture is one of mutual respect, responsibility, and trust. Our employees’ health and happiness are priorities, and we treat our staff like people, not numbers on a spreadsheet.
MAPS is at the forefront of changing the way mental health issues are treated and is committed to bringing dignity and access to overcoming mental health challenges through the conscious use of psychedelics. We believe we are changing the world, and we want you to be a part of it.
This is a remote position from a suitable space to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided.
Occasional travel to the Santa Cruz or Oakland offices in California may be required.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. We are a West Coast-based company and applicants must be available during normal business hours (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday). The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
- Identify and structure strategic projects/initiatives to solve challenging organizational issues by working with stakeholders across the organization, managing communications, overseeing milestones and timelines, and leading cross-functional groups to synthesize feedback and deliver on objectives
- Define, launch and drive strategic initiatives to deliver on MAPS’ mission to achieve mass mental health and social change
- Develop partnerships with non-profit and for-profit players in the psychedelic medicine field
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in annual business planning, headcount management, key organizational metrics, and other operationally strategic projects
- Develop scalable solutions, work to manage risks across the organization and develop best practices to benefit the organization
- Analyze internal data, external data, and trends to communicate the financial implications under various scenarios
- Work with large data sets pulled from various systems and databases; independently ascertain how to query data and run ad hoc analyses to drive insights on our product offerings
- Draw actionable insights and create clear presentations to convey information to internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct business metric analysis, including defining KPIs, monitoring, and evaluating performance against targets
- Assess and mitigate competitive and operational risks
- Identify new revenue expansion opportunities, such as channels for partnering with therapists or geographic expansion, and evaluate the relative ROI of each
- 5+ years of relevant experience, such as in consulting, corporate development, investment banking, private equity, strategy, and/or business operations
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Ability to distill themes from complexity and develop logical frameworks for prioritization
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Data-driven and comfortable working with large data sets and drawing meaningful insights
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL
- Experience with executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Experience with implementing strategic, large-scale initiatives and projects in a change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring deadline-driven productivity
- Proficiency with structuring strategic analysis and messaging using spreadsheets and presentation software
- Knowledge of best practices in business operations, service operations, customer support operations, internet/online media
- Proven ability to work with different team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business and organizational problems
- Proven leader with stakeholder management, project management, problem-solving, analytical, written/verbal communication (framing, storytelling), teamwork, and recruiting skills
- Diversity training or applicable experience, demonstrating cultural intelligence and sensitivity
- Proficiency and experience in conflict resolution
- Trauma-informed communication skills
- Personal passion for the MAPS mission of creating legal contexts for psychedelic use
- Ability to lead, work independently, and liaise with relevant individuals/functions
- Strong evidence of overseeing large development projects or multiple smaller projects that are timeline-oriented and require careful management
- Ability to effectively manage competing and overlapping priorities
- Solution-oriented and inspired to work in an environment that is mission-driven
- Open and clear communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced with managing digital marketing and fundraising
- Ability to be flexible, responsive, and creative as well as efficient, pragmatic, and organized
- Highly developed emotional intelligence and leadership capacities
- Comfortable with reading and understanding scientific publications
- Technical literacy in common office software programs and computer hardware
LEARN MORE ABOUT MAPS